Effective as of 1 June 2018
We Care About Your Privacy
Rhodes-Restaurants Corporation, including its affiliates, is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data privacy laws. This privacy statement (“Statement”) describes how we collect and use personal data where Rhodes-Restaurants is the data controller or where we refer to the applicability of this Statement. “Personal data” means information about you or another identifiable individual.
We may give you additional privacy information that is specific to a service in Supplements to this Statement and other notices you may see while using our services. If there is a difference between such notices and this Statement, the notices should be considered first.
Software on your device may access your information. Our services may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have privacy notices of their own. Rhodes-Restaurants is not responsible for the privacy practices of others and we recommend you read their privacy notices.
You are not required to provide personal data to Rhodes-Restaurants. However, if you choose not to provide your personal data to Rhodes-Restaurants, we may not be able to provide you with our services or all of their functionalities or to respond to queries you have.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect your personal data and other information when you make a register into our services, take part in reviews or research or otherwise interact with us. This includes the following categories:
- Information you provide us with: When you create an account, request services, participate in research or campaigns or otherwise interact with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to your devices, age, gender, and language. We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings relating to, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal data.
- Positioning and Location data: Location-based services establish location using satellite, mobile, Wi-Fi or other network based positioning methods. These technologies may involve sharing your location data and unique device and mobile, Wi-Fi or other network related identifiers with Rhodes-Restaurants. Our services may operate on multiple device platforms, applications and services which may also collect your location data. We do not use this information to identify you personally without your consent.
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
Rhodes-Restaurants may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing services: We may use your personal data in order to provide you with our services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contract between you and Rhodes-Restaurants, to ensure the functionality and security of our services, to identify you in order to provide the service as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Accounts: Some services may require an account to help you manage your content and preferences.
- Developing and managing services: We may use your personal data to develop and manage our services and marketing. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular Rhodes-Restaurants service with other personal data that we may have about you, unless such personal data was collected for a different purpose.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our services
- Marketing, advertising and making recommendations:We may use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying Rhodes-Restaurants and third-party content.
Rhodes-Restaurants processes your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We may also process your personal data when required by law; to protect our customers; to maintain the security of our services; and to protect rights and property of Rhodes-Restaurants.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- Your consent and social sharing services: We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may allow you to share your personal data with other users of the pservice or with other services and their users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data or other information that might be accessible to other users.
- Rhodes-Restaurants and authorized third parties: We may share your personal data with other Rhodes-Restaurants companies or authorized third parties who process personal data for Rhodes-Restaurants for the purposes described in this Statement. This may include for example providing services including customer service, managing and analyzing consumer data, conducting research and managing marketing and other such campaigns.We may conduct joint marketing and other communications with our authorized third-party partners. To avoid duplication of or unnecessary communications and to tailor the message to you we may need to match information that Rhodes-Restaurants has collected with information that the partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
These Rhodes-Restaurants authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Statement and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- International transfers of personal data: Our services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection. In such cases we use measures to provide adequate protection for your personal data as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (e.g. the European Commission) and by requiring the use of appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
- Mandatory disclosures: We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend Rhodes-Restaurants’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
How Do We Address the Privacy of Children?
Rhodes-Restaurants services are typically intended for general audiences. Rhodes-Restaurants does not knowingly collect information of children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age under applicable law, without the consent of their parents or guardians.
How Do We Address Data Quality?
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement or otherwise communicated to you, unless a longer period is required by law.
We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to help us ensure that it is up to date.
What Steps Are Taken to Safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations in the creation and delivery of our services. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our databases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights regarding personal data that Rhodes-Restaurants processes about you:
- Access: You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy.
- Data portability: Subject to law, you have a right to obtain in machine readable format the personal data you have provided to Rhodes-Restaurants.
- Rectification and erasure: You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data about you deleted or updated.
- Withdraw your consent: You have a right to withdraw your consent for Rhodes-Restaurants to process your personal data.
- Unsubscribe and object: You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or we delete your personal data on other grounds. Even if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from Rhodes-Restaurants, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by managing your account and choices through our services or, if that is not possible, by contacting us. In some cases, if you withdraw your consent or wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
If you are not satisfied with what we provide when you exercise your rights, you can let us know by contacting us. If you are still dissatisfied, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Who Is the Controller of Your Personal Data?
Rhodes-Restaurants Corporation is the controller of your personal data.
In addition, the Rhodes-Restaurants affiliate providing theservice may be a controller of your personal data. You may find the identity of the controller and its contact details by reviewing the terms and conditions of such service or by using contact information provided in the applicable Rhodes-Restaurants website
In matters pertaining to Rhodes-Restaurants’s privacy practices you may also contact us or our Group Data Protection Officer at:[email protected]
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Rhodes-Restaurants may change this Statement at any time with or without notice. However, if this Statement is changed in a material, adverse way, Rhodes-Restaurants will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Statement and on this site’s home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Statement.
Cookies and how we use them
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored in your computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are stored in your browser’s file directory. Next time you visit the site, your browser will read the cookie and relay the information back to the website or element that originally set the cookie. To learn more about these technologies and how they work, please see e.g. allaboutcookies.org.
These cookies are essential for running our web sites and are the key to providing you a seamless experience. You can navigate uninterrupted e.g. by remembering language and country choices you’ve made and by preserving authentication to secure parts of the domain.
These cookies enable us to improve our websites by looking at how they are used. We do analytical profiling to understand e.g. unique users reading a particular article (to know what is popular) or if a video file was viewed or abandoned half way through. We also look at where content is accessed so we know how to arrange our sites for optimal user experience. We count clicks on “Like” and “Tweet” plugins and what content from our sites was shared or referenced.
These cookies help make the content as personalised as possible, for example by showing you targeted banners and relevant recommendations. We examine what type of reference was used to reach our sites, e.g. an email campaign or a link from a referral site, so we can estimate the effectiveness of our promotions and advertising campaigns.
We use these cookies to dynamically serve Rhodes-Restaurants ads on both Rhodes-Restaurants and selected third party websites.
Our domains may also include elements that set cookies on behalf of a third party, e.g. a “Like”-button from Facebook or a “Tweet”-button from Twitter.
How can I manage cookies?
You can review the options available to manage cookies in your browser. The browser can be used to manage cookies relating to basic functions, site improvement, personalisation and advertising. Different browsers use different ways to disable cookies, but they are usually found under a Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s help menu. In addition to cookie management, browsers usually let you control files similar to cookies, for example Local Shared Objects, e.g. by enabling the browser’s privacy mode. Rhodes-Restaurants uses third party vendor managed advertising cookies to promote its services in both Rhodes-Restaurants and non-Rhodes-Restaurants web sites. You may be able to opt-out from certain third party managed advertising cookies through third party cookie management sites.
Disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of Rhodes-Restaurants websites. If you delete your cookies from the browser, you may need to remember to re-install opt-out cookies.
How long do we keep the information?
It depends based on the type of cookies. Session cookies expire when you close the browser. Persistent cookies, including Local Shared Objects (“Flash cookies”), have typical expiration dates ranging from two months up to a couple of years.What else should you know?
Rhodes-Restaurants may from time to time change this Policy. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, Rhodes-Restaurants will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site’s home page. We recommend that you re-visit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.
If you have additional questions, please contact us by writing to: [email protected]